Personal Membership Terms and Conditions
Chapter 1 General Rules
Article 1 (Objective and Activity)
- The objective of General Incorporated Association Web Analytics Consultants Association (hereafter referred to as “our association”) is to promote industry through continuous development of web analytics as well as social education of web analytics, by creating opportunities to extensively learn web analytics which leads to business success, conducting research and development, promoting personal exchanges for those interested in web analytics, providing chances for employment and business matching, and facilitating information exchange.
- In order to achieve the objective mentioned in the preceding paragraph, our association shall invite full members, free members, and supporting members (hereafter correctively referred to as “member” or “members”) to organize a membership system.
Article 2 (Scope)
This membership policy shall be applied to every activity done, as a member of our association, by every member of our association.
Article 3 (Types of Membership)
- A full member shall be defined as an individual who falls under any of the conditions listed in the following clauses and joined our association in accordance with the prescriptions defined in the next article.
- An individual who completed the Web Analytics Consultant Master Certification Course and was certified as a web analytics consultant master by our association
- An individual who completed the Senior Web Analytics Consultant Certification Course and was certified as a senior web analytics consultant by our association
- An individual who was certified as a beginner web analytics consultant by our association
- A free member shall be defined as an individual who falls under any of the conditions listed in the above clauses and joined our association in accordance with the prescriptions defined in the next article (except the clause (d))
- A supporting member shall be defined as an individual who joined our association in accordance with the prescriptions defined in the next article.
Chapter 2 Membership
Article 4 (Admission)
An individual who meets all the requirements in the following clauses shall conclude a membership contract with our association (hereafter referred to as “the membership contract”) and become a member of our association.
However, to be a full or free member, the individual should satisfy one of the conditions listed in the clauses of Paragraph 1 of the previous article.
- Approves the objective of our association.
- Agrees with this agreement.
- Applied for a full, free, or supporting member using the specified application method of our association and was approved for admission.
- Paid the admission fee.
Article 5 (Disapproval of Admission)
If the applicant falls under any of the conditions listed in the following clauses, our association may not approve his or her admission.
- The submitted application form contains a false, error, or missing item.
- The applicant has ever been deprived of his or her membership.
- Our association decided that concluding the membership contract with the individual is not appropriate for some reason.
Article 6 (Term of Validity and Renewal)
- The membership is valid, counting from the next day of the day when the membership contract is concluded according to Article 4, to the December 31 of the year (or the next year if the admission date falls within November 1 through December 30),
hereafter referred to as “first year”, can can be renewed.
The renewed membership is valid from January 1 to December 31 of the same year, repeatedly for the succeeding years.
- While a member keeps satisfying the conditions listed in the following clauses (excluding Clause (1) for a free member), the membership shall be automatically renewed and the member shall retain his or her membership.
However, a full or free member should satisfy the conditions listed in the clauses of Paragraph 1 of Article 3 to retain the membership.
- Has aid the annual membership fee by the specified due date.
- Has not received notification from our association of not renewing the membership.
- Has not violated this agreement.
- Has not made an objection mentioned in the following paragraph.
- To revise this agreement after membership renewal, our association shall notify every member of the revision and its details by two months before the renewal date. If the member does not make an objection to the revision within two weeks after the day of notification, he or she shall be regarded to agree with the revision.
- Except for the case mentioned in the previous paragraph, the membership agreement does not change after membership renewal.
Article 7 (Membership Fee)
- A member (except for a free member) should pay the admission fee and annual membership fee (hereafter collectively referred to as “membership fee and such”) as defined in this article.
- A member shall pay the entire admission fee in one upon joining our association, and pay the annual membership fee by the due date in the previous term specified by our association.
- The amount of the membership fee and such shall be defined in each of the following clauses:
- Admission fee
- Full member Payment of certification fee of each certification listed in each clause of Paragraph 1 of Article 3 (hereafter referred to as “each certification”) shall be regarded as payment of the admission fee.
- Supporting member 10,000 yen (before tax)
- Annual membership fee
- Full member 6,000 yen (before tax)
- Supporting member 6,000 yen (before tax)
- Admission fee
- 4 The annual membership fee for the first year shall be calculated by the month, counted from the month next to the month of admission, and paid by the due date specified by our association.
However, our association may voluntarily excuse a new member the annual membership fee for the first year.
- A member shall pay the membership fee and such by bank transfer (in the name of our association or a third party) or other ways specified by our association.
Article 8 (Refund of Membership Fee and Such)
The membership fee and such shall not be refunded for any reason.
Article 9 (Notification of Change)
- If the personal information submitted to our association (e.g. name, address, or contract) of a member has been changed, he or she should notify our association of the change without delay.
- Our association shall not owe any responsibility for any disadvantages caused by nonfulfillment of the previous paragraph by the member.
Article 10 (Prohibition of Transfer of Contractual Status and Such)
- A member cannot transfer any rights, obligations, and/or contractual status (including status of the membership assignment) arising from this agreement to a third party.
- The membership contract of a member shall terminate by his or her death.
Article 11 (Change of Membership Type)
A member can change his or her membership type to from a full to free member and vice versa according to the procedure separately defined by our association and with approval of our association.
Article 12 (Resignation)
- A member can resign from our association by notifying our association of his or her will of resignation by one month before the intended resignation date in the procedure defined by our association.
- When a member resigns from our association, his or her certification given by our association (except for beginner web analytics consultant) shall be invalidated.
Article 13 (Punishment)
- If a member violates this agreement, agreement of each certification, and other agreement or regulation, or contract agreed with our association, our association can punish the member at one of the following levels.
- Suspension of membership or each certification
- When membership of a member is suspended, his or her certification given by our association (except for beginner web analytics consultant) shall be also suspended.
Article 14 (Loss of Membership)
- If a member or a corporation governed by a member of our association (e.g. a corporation of which representative president is the member, a corporation for which a majority of voting rights of all the stockholders or employees is owned by the member, or a corporation substantially ruled by the member, among others) falls under any of the conditions in the following clauses, our association can invalidate and cancel his or her membership.
- Our association recognized that his or her behavior spoiled the reputation of the membership.
- The member violated this agreement, agreement of each certification, and other agreement or regulation, or contract agreed with our association.
- For an issue which should be reported to our association according to this agreement or any other contracts agreed with our association, he or she did not report on it or made a false statement.
- The member used a copyright, trademark, and/or other intellectual property rights belonging to our association without obtaining approval from our association in advance.
- A malicious slander against participant in our association was recognized.
- The member had a bad influence on the business activity of our association by disturbing it or in any other ways.
- The member offended against public order and decency.
- The member committed a crime.
- The member’s property was sequestered, provisionally deposited, put under compulsory execution, put under auction for execution of a security right, or he or she filed for bankruptcy procedure, civil rehabilitation proceedings, receivership system, or bankruptcy under the Corporate Reorganization Law, or started liquidation procedure.
- The member was dishonored with a bill or check, or his or her bank transaction was suspended.
- The member caused a matter of suspension or unavailability of payment.
- The member decided dissolution (including dissolution by the law).
- The member caused a matter for which our association decided that he or she is disqualified as the member or his or her credit is uncertain.
- When a member loses his or her membership, his or her certification given by our association (except for beginner web analytics consultant) shall be invalidated.
Chapter 3 Member’s Rights and Code of Conduct
Article 15 (Rights)
A member owns rights separately defined by our association.
When such rights have been changed, our association shall notify the members of the change in an appropriate manner.
Article 16 (Code of Conduct)
A full member should conform to the code of conduct defined by our association and mentioned in another page.
Chapter 4 Miscellaneous
Article 17 (Copyright)
- Copyright of work produced by our association shall belong to our association.
- Work provided by our association cannot be duplicated, edited, processed, transmitted, sold, published, or used in any other ways which violates the copyright law, without obtaining permission from our association in advance.
Article 18 (Confidentiality)
- A member shall handle technical, sales, or other business information proper to our association and presented by our association during or after the term of validity of this agreement, or obtained in the process of persuading this agreement or conducting business related to the business of our association (hereafter referred to as “confidential information”) as confidential information and should not use it for a purpose other than allowed by this agreement or expose it to a third party.
- If a member needs to present confidential information presented by our association to his or her employee or other participant in his or her corporation (hereafter referred to as “employee and such”), he or she can expose it only to those who need to know it to the minimum extent possible.
In such a case, the member should impose the same obligation as his or hers as provided in this agreement to his or her employee and such, and he or she shall take the whole responsibility for behavior of the employee and such.
- When our association has detected violation, by the member’s employee and such, of the obligation mentioned in the previous paragraph, our association can request the member or his or her employee or such to take a corrective action to resolve the violating situation.
Article 19 (Immunity and Compensation for Loss)
- If a member or a third party receives a damage concerning the business of our association during or after the term of validity of this agreement, our association shall owe no responsibility for it and shall not accept any claiming for compensation from him or her.
- If a member causes damage to our association intentionally or by mistake, he or she shall owe an obligation for compensation for the damage.
Article 20 (Invalidity of Article and Such)
If any of the articles of this agreement is judged to be illegal or invalid by the court with jurisdiction, the effect of this agreement except for the article in question shall not be lost.
Article 21 (Jurisdiction)
If an institution of a lawsuit concerning this agreement should be necessary, the Tokyo Summary Court or Tokyo District Court shall be the court with jurisdiction.
Article 22 (Deliberation)
If deliberation on this agreement should be necessary, the participants should deliberate in accordance with the principle of good faith and seek for smooth resolution.
Chapter 5 Supplementary Provision
Article 23 (Special Rule for Transition)
An individual who joined our association after certified by General Incorporated Association Web Designers Association by August 31 2012 shall be regarded as a full member if he or she paid the annual membership fee for the next year by December 17 2012, and as a free member if he or she did not pay it by that day.
[Web Analytics Consultant’s Code of Conduct]
Click here to see the web analytics consultant’s code of conduct.
This agreement shall take effect on September 1 2012